- By train, Train station SNCF Alençon 7 km from the gîte ;
- By the green lane and/or the Véloscénie Paris – ‘le Mont-ST Michel’, leg “le Mêle sur Sarthe à Alençon” : before arriving to Alençon, take the direction to Forges and Radon, then 3 km after Radon on the D 26.
- From Radon, D1 direction Colombiers living the town, then D26 on the right, gite and camping at 400 m by the GR crossing the Ecouves forest.
Accommodation: CAMPING OR GITE OR CHALETS
- Camping : Lending some tents 2-3 places ; the common room is open anytime to have a pic-nic or to have a breakfast.
- Group cottage : 17 beds, to be completed with some chalets if the groupe is bigger; the kitchen and the room of the gite can handle 40 people, crockery included. See the column « Gîte »
- Chalets, roulotte : see the corresponding column.
We make home-made fast-food : pizza and chicken. 5€50 the slice, to order between 6:30 ans 8:30 p.m.
Breakfast : we propose the breakfast at 5.60 €/person.
Local of storage units for the bikes ; possibility of a secure local.
Bikes cleaning area in the camping : (platform, jet), and cleaning area at the gîte (platform, jet + shower)
Bike fixing kit :inner-tubs an pumps- cables- keys – tire dismantler – repair patches and glue
Lending of IGN forest and paths map.
To rent the mountain-bikes, please go to the gîte – the price is 7€ a day
CYCLOS OR BIKES TOURS
2 Green Lanes crossing the Alençon territory :
The green lane Condé-sur-Huisne/Alençon, 65 km, information 02 33 80 66 33
and the Green lane of Saosnois, 12 km from Mamers 02 43 97 25 31
The Velosceny Tour from Paris to the Mont ST-Michel, 442 km of trails or tiny roads, through thee Ile de France and the Normandy countryside, to arrive to the second most visited place in France !
La Véloscénie – Maison du Parc Normandie-Maine à CARROUGES
18 tours :
18 mountain-bikes or cyclos tours of 82 km at 12 km, around the Ecouves forest, or crossing the forest, so everything is accessible from the gite and the camping.
The tours guide « Au fil des chemins » is sold at the tourism office of Alençon , and at the “ Parc Naturel Régional Normandie-Maine”, at Carrouges ; phone number : 02 33 81 75 75
information : email@example.com